Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Test Shot - DA 70 f/2.4


Test Shot - DA 70 f/2.4, originally uploaded by wesleywsm.

A mugshot of my good friend, using studio flash setup, metered at f/5.6, 1/125, ISO 100. He is holding a Canon 5D, with the latest 85mm f/1.2 USM Mk2, which cost more than an arm and leg compare to my humble setup.

I use the DA 70 f/2.4 at f/5.6 to take this shot. He 'complaints' that my image is too sharp with a sly smile! Hmm...

We did a quick print using the Canon IPF5000, at 8x12", no post processing, just convert from DNG. He was impressed, but still trying hard to find fault with the Pentax quality, saying that the printout was a little biased towards red. Heheheh! I told him ACR3.7 never got it right, and tends to biased towards red, which is true for all the DNG and PEF files I converted, as compared to using SilkyPix. A quick remedy is to set a -5 to -8 (to taste) on the Cyan-Red Colour Balance bar. Asians tends to look a little yellowish, but a slightl magenta tint works well for Asian ladies (especially Chinese) who don't prefer the banana tone.

Overall, I'm very happy with the DA 70 f/2.4, no doubt that it's among the best portrait lens currently in the Pentax lineup.

No comments: